Checklist for auditing a website
December 30, 2022
Here are some potential items that you might consider including on a checklist for auditing a website:
- Is the content on the website accurate and up-to-date?
- Is the content organized in a logical and intuitive way?
- Is the content easy to read and understand?
- Is the content free of spelling and grammar errors?
Need help with content creation? Contact us!
- Is the website visually appealing and easy on the eyes?
- Is the website responsive and mobile-friendly?
- Is the website easy to navigate and use?
- Are all page elements (e.g., images, videos, etc.) properly formatted and displayed?
Need help with web design? Contact us!
- Do all links on the website work as expected?
- Do all forms on the website work as expected?
- Is the website free of any broken or outdated functionality?
Is a link broken or do people say that they can’t find elements on your website? Contact us!
- Is the website loading quickly and efficiently?
- Is the website optimized for search engines (SEO)?
- Is the website secure (e.g., using HTTPS)?
Want a free website audit? Contact us!
- Is the website accessible to users with disabilities (e.g., screen readers)?
- Is the website compliant with relevant accessibility standards (e.g., WCAG)?
Did you know this is a legal requirement? Contact us!
This is just a general list of potential items to include on a website audit checklist. Depending on your specific needs and goals, you may want to add or remove items from this list as needed.